Biennial Conference and Meeting
In Missouri and Illinois
October 6, 7, 8, (9), 2022
Dear Friend of ESRARA,
As you surely have heard by now, ESRARA is on a mission to revitalize the organization following a worldwide pandemic during which many things came to an abrupt halt. We are embarking on our 2022 conference and hope that you will join us for this always enjoyable and educational event.
- Fill out the Conference Registration form, including preference regarding the reception, banquet, tours, and t-shirt order. The t-shirt features “Big Bird” – a petroglyph at Washington State Park – the rock art site we will be visiting. The T-shirt is lovely with its white-on-black graphics and is available for $12 per shirt.
- Fill out the Call for Papers (include each presenter in your group as applicable).
- Send payment by check with registration forms via regular mail or through Paypal on the ESRARA website (ESRARA.org).
- Return both documents to Carol Diaz-Granados via regular mail or email to:
- firstname.lastname@example.org. By regular mail, send to ESRARA, c/o Carol Diaz- Granados, 7433 Amherst Avenue, St. Louis, MO 63130.
- Transportation to St. Louis may be made by car, train, or air.
- Car: Use GPS. Hotel address, 7750 Carondelet, Clayton, Missouri 63105
Parking in the hotel garage is free for those staying at the hotel.
- Airport: Fly to the St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL). Take Uber, Lyft, or MetroLink (rapid transit system) to the Clayton Plaza Hotel, 7750 Carondelet, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
- Train: Take the train to the St. Louis Union Station. Take Uber, Lyft, or MetroLink (rapid transit system) to the Clayton Plaza Hotel, 7750 Carondelet, Clayton, Missouri 63105.
- Live Auction! Remember to bring something for our always hysterical Live Auction with a “Live Caller!” Think of an item(s) you can bring for the Auction Table: books, T-shirts, small antiques, curiosities, odds, and ends – no telling what folks will buy!
- Conference venue: Clayton Plaza Hotel, 7750 Carondelet, Clayton, Missouri 63105. $124+t/night, which includes a full breakfast
- Call (314)726-5400 to reserve your room(s) by September 2nd. Tell them you are with the Eastern States Conference to get the conference rate.
Following the conference, you may want to visit some of the sites here in St. Louis. They include St. Louis Art Museum, Missouri History Museum, and the St. Louis Zoo, all within about a 5-10 minute drive. The Gateway Arch, our nation’s tallest monument, is east of Downtown St. Louis on the Mississippi Riverfront (about 15-20 minutes away). The museum underneath the Arch is free — there is a charge to ride to the top of the Arch). Other sites include the City Museum, Union Station, The University City Loop, Blueberry Hill Restaurant, National Blues Museum, etc. Please refer online to Explore St. Louis for additional places to visit.
We hope you are as excited as we are to gather once again to share our ideas and passions for rock art in the eastern United States. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to email Carol at email@example.com.
See you in St. Louis!!
ESRARA PLANNING COMMITTEE
Carol Diaz-Granados, Iloilo M. Jones, Denise Smith, Nancy Bryant